This is probably where you want to go:
this confluence instance is almost obsolete.
Telus has just installed fiber to the houses in our neighborhood.
I've switched from Teksavvy to Telus ONLY because Teksavvy is unable to re-sell the Telus fiber...
I was very satisfied with Teksavvy, if you can, I totally suggest and support this cheaper alternative: https://teksavvy.com/ As the name suggest, you need to setup your own router (not complicated), but no one will come to your house so you need to be "Tech Savvy".
Their offered VDSL on a dry loop (just copper wire no service) with NO PORT filtering (and a static IP address for 4$ per month !)
But Telus offers a 75/75 Mb BOTH ways, my upload is now up to 75 !!!!! That's useful to watch the security cameras.
Telus does filter a bunch of ports, I've had to give up my email server ... and start using a DDNS, freedns.affraid.org is great for now
Telus will filter these ports:
- TCP:21 FTP (Really, is this protocol still used ???)
- TCP:25 Mail server (OK, understandable, although now my mail server can't be reached from the internet)
- UDP:53 DNS → WTF ??? Absolutely no reason here ...
- TCP:80 HTTP → WTF ??? Money GRAB... Go to commercial contract
- TCP:110 Mail server (OK, understandable, although now my mail server can't be reached from the internet)
- TCP:135 to 139 NetBIOS
- TCP:443 HTTPS → WTF ??? Money GRAB... Go to commercial contract
- TCP:445 NetBIOS
- TCP:1433 MS-SQL
- TCP:1434 MS-SQL
But look at this !!!